Wednesday 16 October 2013

Interview with Ella Jade

1)                  What got you into writing?

I've been  a writer my whole life. The plots and dialog have always played out in my head but I never knew what to do with the stories. That all changed when I discovered the eBooks industry.

2)                  What plans do you have for the future ( you don't have to give out lots of details you can say something like I'm working on a few novels.)

I'm currently working on book one in my baseball series romance. It's called Stealing His Heart. I hope to have it to my editor by November.

3)                  Out of all your books can you pick a favourite and say why?

I think Something More is my favorite of mine. I love all my books but there was something about that story that made me fall harder than usual. I liked the dynamics between the hero and the heroine. Its a complicated story line but a strong love story lies at the core.

4)                  Can you pick a favourite character and why?

Brody from Something More. I always say every woman should have a Brody. If you read the book you'll see why :)

5)                  What's the best part about being an Indie author?

I've written one series as an independent author. The Pleasure Inn series. All the rest of my books are through small press pubs. I like the freedom and having control over every aspect of publication from cover art to pricing the book. 

6)                  What's the worst thing about being an Indie author? 

I wouldn't say this is the worst thing but because I do have the support of a very good publisher, I'm used to having them do certain things for me. They help with promotions and  I get lots of editing. When you go Indie you're responsible for everything. That's not a bad thing but sometimes pressing publish all by yourself can be a bit scary for me.

7)                  Do you have a favourite place to write?

My kitchen table. My backyard overlooks a golf course so I have a nice view. It can be very peaceful and inspiring.

8)                  Does anything help you to write like a certain playlist, snack?

I like to have a Starbucks Iced Tea Lemonade when I'm writing.

9)                  If you could meet one other author dead or alive who would it be?

Nora Roberts. I grew up reading her. I learned how to spin a series by reading her books.   
 
10)               What tips or tricks would you pass on to fellow indie authors?

You just have to keep writing. The more you write the better you'll get and the more readers you'll pick up. When someone likes your work they always want more.

I'd just like to take a minute to Thank Ella for taking the time to do this interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment